Running modern Linux on Wii consoles.
This project provides:
- source code for a working Linux kernel for GC/Wii, in the form of git branches (stable Linux trees + necessary patches)
- kernel single-binary releases in ELF format (zImage)
- ready to use Debian Jessie images/rootfs
- support for framebuffer RGBA mode
See README for a full description and instructions.
Visit the issues tracker to see what needs help:
Pull requests are welcome!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does the ethernet dongle work?
- Does the Wi-Fi work?
- Can I run Xorg on it?
- Yes, with the framebuffer driver.
- Does it work on GameCube?
- It should. GameCube is supported but author cannot test on it.
- Does SD/SDHC/USB work?
- What type of multimedia/gaming applications can I use?
- Anything that works on a framebuffer will do. But forget about video playback, 3D or high end games. There is no hardware acceleration support so far.
Thanks to the following people/organizations/groups:
- the Linux Kernel developers
- the GC-Linux team